Sleeve Update.....

I've watched the full Season 1 DVD's for Star Trek Next Generation, and a couple of movies to get my sleeves finished -- well, the knitting part is finished.

Here they are -- Siamese sleeves. On the last round, I cast off the steek and edge stitches, and put the two sleeve stitches on separate needles -- easier to separate that way.

.....by cutting open the steeks......Then all you have to do is the underarm seam. Pick up stitches around the armhole opening. And three-needle bind off them together!

I love this sweater -- I even love the way it looks on the wrong side!

Off to finish the sleeves, put on the buttons, and finish off the steeks -- details of that later.

Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. Hey Anne- It's much simpler than it sounded- I'm a visual learner and was wondering what cheap drugs you were taking- and where I could get some.
    Now I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sweater sure is gorgeous. Pretty cool, yet mind twisting idea to knit the sleeves together. Happy finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it now too... Ooo, I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - I am learning so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've convinced me! This will definitely be used for my next Fair Isle sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors in your Erin and now I'm going to have to read all your blogs to see what you used! I linked to your blog from the Wool Ewe site, so I am assuming that when I get ready to knit Erin that you may carry the requisite yarn :-) Nice job! Gorgeous work! I'm stashing for Donegal right now but am wanting to knit Inishmore first. Do you think Jamieson's Aran would work for it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeesh, what a great idea for sleeves. I have so darned many sleeveless wonders in my UFO's that I can't believe I never thought of this. Perfect. I am running to the KBTH and tooting Lucy and your siamese sleeves.

    GREAT. How come I didn't know about this? Iguess I don't get around as much as I should.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale