Faux Fair Isle progress

While doing a lot of nothing it seems (where does all the paperwork come from and the days just fly by) -- I have done a bit of knitting of the Nicky Epstein Faux Fair Isle.

I think I mentioned that rather than doing this in pieces, I'm doing the fronts and back altogether -- but I'm not doing them in the round. Back and forth, purling back, and working with separate balls of yarn where necessary.

This is definitely "Faux" Fair Isle -- it's not a Fair Isle by my definition anyway -- it's a stranded knitting sweater -- there are a few motifs that use 3 shades per row, and there are a few areas where there are blocks of fair isle surrounded by plain colour knitting -- look for the blue area below.

I cut open the armholes on my Alcea body and tried to take a photo myself in the bathroom mirror -- I'll have to get the Hubby to take a photo for me. I need to measure how long I need the sleeves to be and figure out the pattern placement

Happy Knitting

Comments

  1. I just love the motifs! You know, hats off to you for stranding on the wrong side. Doing the front edges of Delores in knit and purl almost did me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks interesting - I don't have that NE book so I'm looking forward to seeing yours finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne- From this angle, it's looking very "sea creature". It's different, that's for sure.

    I can't say enough nice things about the Shetland Aran. It's incredible to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be absolutely beautiful - a real piece of art indeed! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Anne, that looks tougher than an actual Fair Isle. Is it?

    Love your Alcea. It is really pretty/beautiful.

    I have tried to take pics of myself too. They NEVER turn out. Too dark - and if the flash is on, that is all you can see is that spotlight in the mirror.

    Let me know if you figure how to do it. (g)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale