It's Over....

I didn't jump on the Potter band wagon right away -- I thought these books were just children's books......but so many people had told me how great they were, I bought my first Harry Potter books when the third book came out -- so I got a 3 book gift set and started reading.

Well, I've purchased each book since on the day it's come out, sat down and read it right through. The Deathly Hallows was no different -- except that I didn't pick it up until about 3:00 pm on Saturday....we were having company for dinner, so I only got about an hour of reading done on Saturday afternoon before getting ready for my evening. My friends were astounded that they had been invited to dinner on THE DAY that the last HP book came out. They understood what a sacrifice it was for me to spend the evening with them. This is a joke yes, but you know I think it is a sign of my maturing (yes finally) that I could put aside my book ad have a great evening.

Anyway, after they left, I read for about an hour before going to sleep, and was up bright and early on Sunday to spend the whole day on the deck, in my pj's, reading until "The End" at 4:50 pm.

I can't explain how I feel.....it's over.....no more HP books. I think in a way I was trying to delay the inevitable conclusion, the final end.

This book wrapped up the whole story, dotted the I's, crossed the T's, and like everything in the real world, it came at a price.

Kids who have grown up with these books will, I hope, learn a bit about real life from this series.........can't wait for the next movie LOL!

Knitting Update -- I've set myself a goal, a daily quota, so you should see major Autumn Rose progress -- photo in a couple of days.

Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. Anne- All good things come to an end- but at least she didn't leave it hanging. I was devastated when CI Morse died.
    The great thing is we live in the DVD age, so you can watch the movies any time.

    Looking forward to seeing Autumn Rose- the season is gearing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I can't go on the net cause people are talking about it everywhere and I haven't even bought it yet. I'm going to have to neglect everyone I know and read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Christmas time of 2002, we were in the process of moving back to Canada from the U.K. It was a bit depressing to spend Christmas Day in our hotel room with deli turkey sandwiches for dinner, but we spent the entire day reading all the HP books which had been published up until then, having purchased them the previous day at Waterstones (where the helpful clerk pointed out to me that they were cheaper upstairs in the Children's Department) - excellent therapy! I devoured HP7 in a day and a half...I'm only sad that there won't be any more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read HP as well and didn't jump onto the band wagon until later on as well...I used to "steal" my stepbrother's books until I realized he didn't read them. I feel like there is a void in my life now that HP is done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been reading these books since day 1. When they first came out I was manager of our local B&N and lucked into an advance of the first book. Brought it home, and read it from cover to cover that night. These books taught my youngest son, who wouldn't read and was failing that particular class, that reading could bring him the world. He finished the book on the same timetable that you describe and only came up for air when his body said "Feed me, I am yours!"
    We are off to see the movie Friday with the entire family - minus the DD in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard from my Grandchildren since the new HP came out. But I have been busy reading myself.
    I have loved all the books and watched the movies on TV and CD multiple times. I hear that there is going to be another book and of course, another movie, of course. Goodie.

    Back to knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale