Silk Noil & Shetland Lambswool, oh my!


This arrived on Friday. It's been a busy weekend.....I've updated She Ewe Knits with the details of the designs that are done in this new yarn in the Simply Shetland 4 book.

You can see the details here

Fabulous shades with terrific Scottish names like Glenbuchat and Drumlanrig.

Another great thing about this yarn is that used double, it can be substituted in designs that use the Jamieson's Shetland Heather yarn.....so you can have a wool or silk/wool version of various designs.

Next I'll be puttng the info on the web site for the Shetland Heather designs in the book.....and yes, I'll have an Autumn Rose update later today or early tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Wow Anne- Amazing colors. Totally worth the wait!

    I'm fascinated by the names- Jamieson's came up with new and exciting things this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Someday... I drool and covet colorful yarns and the sweaters they create. Maybe if I started with a hat, or mittens. That could be justified, Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, look at the pretty colours!! Glenbuchat is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne!
    Thanks for finding my blog!
    I'm having fun trying to pronounce the yarn names in my best Scottish accent! Pretty sure I'm NOT saying any of them correctly! ;) Especially since I got Alcea and Eshaness wrong! LOL!
    m :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale