Applöse - Ellipses - a design by Romi


Design - Ellipses, a Design by Rosemary Hill

used Rowan Fine Art, shade Tawney 302
Beads by  Chivalry Beads and Supplies


This is the kind of scarf you just have to throw on
and play with....

I used almost the full skein - there were only
 5 grams left of the  437 yards!


The finished Ellipses makes lovely home decor!
Here it is draped on the back of my kitchen stools!

I added a touch of sparkle with just 3 little beads on each tassel!

I'm not usually a pink person, but I love how the
mauvy toffee colour shows when it's knit up!

To see photos of all of the designs,
visit the KnitRowan web site here...
This yarn is glorious!  It's like knitting with air - it's so light and soft and cushy!  (Is cushy a word?)

Read Clara Parke's review of this yarn here.

Knitted Pink started and finished so quickly, a lovely pair of socks from the Fine Art Collection booklet!

I started the same pair of socks....but I AM NOT A SOCK KNITTER, and I quickly realized that I needed to find a one skein pattern to test knit this new yarn, before committing to one of the gorgeous patterns in the Fine Art Collection pattern book.

The Ellipses pattern is really easy - garter stitch and one row of yo, k2tog - simple!  I used regular Addi Turbo interchangeable needle tips to knit this scarf.  I think, and I'll have to test this theory out.....that the Addi Lace Tips would deal with k2tog much easier with their slimmer tips.....so what's a spoilt knitter to do?

Get herself to her favourite LYS and treat herself to a set of Addi Click Long Lace Tip Interchangeable Needles!


While I was there, I got to take a photo or two of some amazing projects which I'll be sharing in the next few days.

Until then, Happy Knitting!

Comments

  1. Very pretty, I love the tassels at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely versatile scarf and I think the colour really suits you Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale