It's a Wrap!

My Colour Play Wrap was finished... time to take some photos!

I think this will do....The St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London!
Isn't this an amazing place!

See that tower on the far left?

There is a spectacular 5 floor staircase - hmmm.....this might be the place!

Here I go....photography was a bit tricky with all of the light coming through those windows!
and the bright light fixtures!

Up, up, up I went....

It was a bit scary at times....trying to balance and hold onto my lusciously soft wrap!

But I made it to the top!  Isn't this ceiling just too much for words?
(I'm running out of adjectives here!)
See the woman spinning - there in the dome! far left!

The St Pancras station and hotel building were scheduled for demolition.

When Sir John Betjeman, a poet and railway lover heard of these plans,
he led the campaign to save the building and it was given a Grade 1 listed building
designation in 1967.

The St. Pancras rail station is where you catch the Eurostar....and this
fabulous renovated station adjoins the hotel.

Sr. John Betjeman is acknowledged by a statue
- he seems to be looking up in awe at the new station building.

I thought he looked a little cold this morning!

I love this shawl!

Pattern:  Color Play Mohair Wrap by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas
Yarn:  Kidsilk Haze Stripe by Rowan Yarns
Churchmouse's Bird of Paradise Colourway - shades 356-360-205-357
Yarn Purchased at The Needle Emporium, Ancaster, Ontario
Want more information on the St. Pancras hotel and station restoration?  Visit here, here and here! Lots of information is on the internet if you want more!

Next blog post?  Photos from the Kaffe Fassett exhibit at the Fashion and Textile Museum in London!

Happy Knitting!



If you use Facebook, you might enjoy my FB Page, Life LackaDaisiCal, where I share other knit-related goodies...here's a handy link to "Like" and get all of the updates!  If you've already Liked my page - Thank You!


Comments

  1. What a great photo shoot! Love the shawl and love the setting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how knitted things look sooo much better in England. More photos, please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to add? I love it when you join the conversation!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Whimsey!

Fine Art Aran Giveaway Update!

Advent Knit Challenge - Finale